CCM Event in Albania 3-rd December, 2015
Targeted audience: Local and National policy makers and Government officials: Participants:
- Dilaman Nela – Director of the Department of Social Services and Economic Benefit
- Besart Mata- Director of Regional Social Services Department of Kukes
- Lirie Gjana – Coordinator of the Department of Persons with Disabilities Kukes Municipality
- Zaide Noka- School Master Primary school Lidhja e Prizerenit
7 Mine/CM Survivors; Parents and teachers.
Radio Kukes, TV Juli Kukes, Albanian TV
Within Initiative “Investing in Action 2015”
With the support of CMC funding “ALB-AID”, member of the international Cluster Munitions Coalition, in cooperation with the Municipality of Kukes and Regional Social Services Department of Kukes organized a special event at the Daily Center of the Children with Disabilities of Kukes Municipality, to celebrate the International Day of Persons with disabilities, 18-th anniversary of the signing of MBT and 7th anniversary of signature of CMC.
The acttivity was greeted by the Director of Department of Social Services and Economic Benefit and the Director of Regional Social Services Department of Kukes.
Izet Ademaj –mine survivor held a speech on behalf of mine survivors, underling the importance of the implementation of the Convention of the Rights of Persons with disabilities.
On behalf of mine survivors he urged the Local and National Government to increase funding for the implementation of the Convention of PWD, to improve infrastructure for PWD,
After this the children themseleves singed songs and recited popems. A coctail was organized and Modest parcels with games and sweets were distributed to children with disabilities.
The aim of the even was:
- to raise awareness of the Local and National Governemnt for the importance of the implementation of the Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- to urge the government to intensify support for the improvement of infrastructure and access to social services for PWD.